Monday, August 30, 2010

For You

I took a walk today and snapped a few shots at the request of a friend. I'll share them with you. While looking at the below pictures I strongly urge you to listen to Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance" (Look it up on YouTube.). It came up on my iPod while I was walking and it really matched my tone. And just my life in general right now. I may not be a huge country fan anymore, but this song will always mean a lot to me.

Without further ado:

The Address

Small Towns...

My Nana and Papa raised six kids in that house and it wasn't nearly as big. It's right down the street from where I'm living.

Just one of the about three vineyards along the road







Kids sit in these during the winter to wait for their bus.

The last few pictures are from the cemetery at the bottom of the hill. It was quite peaceful there. I plan to return during fall.




This is for my Nana and Papa. My Papa passed before I was born, but my Nana's still just as tenacious as ever.

I really wish I could've gotten to know you Papa.


I couldn't believe I found my Nana and Papa's. I was about to leave and I just stumbled upon it. I tried to find my Grandma. I know she is there but I couldn't find her and I don't want help. I could easily ask many people to direct me to her but I'll find her myself in time. 

So this is it. I wish I could have truly captured the beauty of this place. Because honestly, these pictures look like radioactive waste (tried to think of something better, but that's the ugliest nature thing I could think of...sorry) compared to the real thing. There are just some things you have to see with your own eyes...or capture with a really expensive camera. Either way, my three year old camera is far from professional so for now these will have to do.

2 comments:

  1. Kayla I love them, they have a peaceful feel to them with the natural sunny glow coming off the fields. They are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you my most favorite of friends. =) I felt extremely peaceful when I took them. With my iPod on and my camera in hand it almost felt like a slightly different world (a slightly calmer one).

    ReplyDelete