Saturday, August 7, 2010

Guilty Pleasures: everybody has them

Okay, I felt the need to write this post because I have become a little, tiny bit obsessed with a silly anime show called Sailor Moon. The illustrations are awful, the plots are laughable, and the show in general is quite ridiculous. But it's my guilty pleasure.

The Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/) is known for their comical definitions of commonly used words (i.e. Kay: (proper noun) - name which means: a. the hottest girl on the planet b. fun-loving c. smart and witty d. someone you should keep for the rest of your life e. your perfect girl) Just this once, though, I think they got it right.

Guilty Pleasure: Something that you shouldn't like, but like anyway.

So, I've decided to compile a list of my top ten guilty pleasures. And here they are:

1. Twilight. Yes, I know. Don't even bother saying it, I'm aware. But I love it. I want to be Bella. I want to marry Edward. I want Alice to be my best friend. The whole shebang. 
2. Sailor Moon. As previously mentioned, I love it. I don't know why, exactly, but something about it draws me in. I think it's the fact that I can still remember bits of it from when I was younger. It's just fun.
3. My Laptop. This is probably one of the biggest ones. If you know me well enough you probably know that I'm not easily separated from it.
4. Sleeping In. Eek. I don't like this one very much. I love the productive feeling you get when you wake up early. Even when I go to bed at ten I still have no problem sleeping until 1:30 in the afternoon. I feel bad about it but I just can't rip myself out of bed sometimes. Oh well, I suppose that's what alarm clocks are for.
5. Subway. Oh lord... It would take a whole post of it's own to fully explain it. But I LOVE subway food. I spend way too much money there.
6. Shopping. Hmmm I'm not sure how guilty I feel about this one. I do feel bad when I spend the money on clothes but on the other hand I can honestly say I have paid full price for very few things in my wardrobe. I'm queen of the sales.
7. Eating Junk Food. Yeah I'm sure almost everybody would admit to this one. But even still, I've only met one person who can match my piggy-ness and that's my sister. Let me just tell you, I can eat. And you wonder why I'm becoming a Pastry Chef...
8. Reading When I Shouldn't Be Reading. Who knew reading could be a guilty pleasure? Believe me, it can. When your homework isn't done, your room is dirty, you need to shower before work, and you have errands to run reading is most definitely a guilty pleasure. Because of course, even with all those things I still read through novels at a ridiculous rate. 
9. Singing Disney Movie Songs...Loud. This one speaks for itself. Why, just yesterday I broke out into "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast while making lunch. Never too old...
10. Facebook. At first I was going to lump this in with the laptop one, but it just needs it's own explanation. With it's ever changing and ever more flimsy security measures I can't stand it a lot of the time. But it's the only way to stay in touch with countless family members and friends. I always feel guilty when I'm talking to someone and they find out how often I'm on Facebook. I hate getting the comment on how they thought I wouldn't be into that kind of thing. It's a guilty pleasure. They don't call it that for nothing.

So there you have it, folks. It took me a long time to make this list. But I'm interested to hear everyone else's. Comment your one biggest guilty pleasure. You know you want to get that off your chest!

No comments:

Post a Comment