Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wisdom: there's always more to learn

Dear me (yes me),

This is a letter from you, to you (and I suppose whoever else wants to read it). This is to tell you to "go with the flow" so to speak. Stop worrying about things that are not in your control. And learn to recognize what is and is not in your control.

I can't say I really know what I believe in, religion wise. But who does at this age? This is the time to learn who I am, what I believe in and all that other coming-of-age crap. This. Is. The. Time.

Don't take everything so seriously. I may not know if I worship an idle or not but I have learned over the years (the more recent ones, to be exact) that everything happens for a reason. It just has to. And instead of trying to explain that to yourself why don't you just believe it and move on? There's no way that there isn't some kind of organic force behind the fact that you moved three feet to the left and a minute later a car hit the spot you were just in. I just know it.

So, knowing that, take a deep breath and let everything fall into place the way it should instead of trying to force things to go where you think they should go. Chances are, the way you force it is probably going to be wrong.

Believe in that fact and in yourself and you should be just fine. Everything will work out eventually. The trick is that it may not be in the way you expected it to.

Be happy. Love often. Stay true to yourself.

Sincerely, me

P.S. I just found this quote that I liked. It didn't have an author or source so if you know of one, let me know.
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tire."

No comments:

Post a Comment