Saturday, August 7, 2010

Image Editing: stupid

Dear you,

I am feeling very insignificant right now. No, I didn't just get made fun of or anything but I found this website called Aviary (http://aviary.com/). It's this photo editing website free to users that is comparable to Photoshop in it's features. It seemed so cool I just had to join in on the fun. Well... half an hour later I was knee deep in tutorials and a lot of blah blah blah that I didn't understand.

I kept going, "Oh yeah. Okay, I can do that." Umm no I can't. The tools weren't working (although I'm willing to admit there might have been some user error). I got very frustrated and decided that maybe midnight wasn't the best time to be trying this out. It just seemed so awesome...

Technology is a funny thing. One moment you start to think you may be a little tech savvy. You got your DVR set up, you made a cool blog, maybe you even figured out what a torrent was. But then you go and try to do something that should be no problem for your level of high expertise and you realize just how computer illiterate you really are.

Sigh... I guess my amazing photo editing skills will have to wait to be learned another day.

I hope you're not feeling as dumb as I am right now. ;)

Sincerely, me

No comments:

Post a Comment