Thursday, September 2, 2010

Crap: there's always some Dawn for that

Dear you,

Have you ever cleaned out your fridge and seen some tupperware that is so devastatingly disgusting that you are convinced it is in no way worth it to save it. "Just, dear God, throw it out." Yeah, we've all been there. But what if it's not as bad as it looks. What if the grime isn't too stuck on it. Maybe there's not as much mold as you thought.

Maybe things can be cleaned. Maybe you can save your new Glad container. Almost anything can be cleaned, fixed, or reconfigured. I haven't come across a mess that has had no solution. Since beginning this journey of a life time a couple of months ago I have cried, dreaded the day ahead, and thought there was no way to go on. But I always have gone on.

Things changed. Plans went South (some literally =)). I've had to think about a lot of things. And through it all I have cleaned my messes. I wiped my tears, I worked through the strife I felt. And now it doesn't feel that bad. I have routines and plans and possibilities (Possibilities being the most exciting).

My messes were nasty and scary and gross. But they have never been too bad to clean. And maybe this could hold true for the rest of my journey. It's only beginning, of course. I'm hoping I can hold on to the fact in my heart that even when the messes get beastly I will be able to wipe them clean eventually. I will set straight what went cockeyed. I will settle whats been uprooted. I will calm the uproar. And I will wipe away the mess. At the end of the day I will know that I've done everything that I can and it is no longer in my hands. What will be, will be.

So tonight, I will sleep well. I have work and school tomorrow, a routine that is steadily working itself into me. Routines...I like routines.

Goodnight, all. I hope you can find peace of mind like I have, even if it's just for an hour or two. ;)

Sincerely, me

1 comment: