Thursday, August 5, 2010

Family: the friends you don't get to pick

Dear you,

Good news! I got a job! (this isn't deja vu I promise) Remember the previously mentioned bookstore cafe? You know, the one that was like my dream part time job that I didn't get even after Ms. Manager decided to say she was hiring me? Yeah, that one. Well...there's a new twist in the story.

Two days after Chrissy broke the news to me that I wasn't getting the job Ms. Manager finally decided to text message me. She told me that she was sorry to tell me that she didn't have any hours that work with my availability. But, she was going to pass on my application to the bookstore manager. Ms. Bookstore Manager called me about an hour later to set up an interview.

I went to the interview today and was given a chance. I'm still a little puzzled as she did not come out and say that I was hired, but she did give me a date to come in and train. I love when people just assume you'll get what they mean. I was taught never to assume. But, I suppose in this case I'm going to have to.

The downside: it's a temporary job. They hire a bunch of people for what they call the "book rush". That's the beginning of the semester when everybody is buying their books. After that, they let almost everyone go. But, hey they might just love me enough to keep me. Who knows?

This gives me a little time to find another job. Even the manager made it clear that she understands I will still be looking for a job. I would love to stay with the bookstore and that's always possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I don't have enough money to hold my breath.

In other Kayla related news: I'm going to give a big THANK YOU to my cousins. A few of them have been inviting me to do things with them and it's good to get out. I can't wait to make some new friends and this is the perfect way. They don't have to take me anywhere but I'm so glad they do. So, on the off chance you guys are reading this: thank you.

That's all for now. Hey, it's the Corn Festival man! I've got corn to eat and rides to ride. (except I'm broke so I'll be doing neither, but walking around is fun too...)

Sincerely, me

No comments:

Post a Comment