Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Corn Festival: up there with Jesus and blueberry cream pie

Dear you,

Can you smell it? No, not the cow manure! It's the Eden Corn Festival silly! It's my first one ever and I am quite the Excited Eve! (Just made that up, ya like it?) Signs of it are everywhere. The Dairy Queen welcomed the Corn Festival on their marquee. Every pole on Main St is adorned with a Corn Festival banner. And if you look down one of the roads off Main you can see what looks to be the ferris wheel that must have already been put up. A whole festival for corn-who knew?!

We've already got our place for the Corn Festival Parade this Sunday (Right on a friends lawn on Main St)! You can feel the excitement in the air. This is Eden's biggest event of the year and I see why. I'm hoping that with my first Corn Festival I will feel more like an Eden resident, as I still feel a little on the outskirts of things.

It's just refreshing to see such a small town do such cool things.

Well, that's all for now!

Sincerely, me

No comments:

Post a Comment