Sunday, July 25, 2010

Welcome

Dear you,
It’s me again. Today we unloaded the truck, bought some basic groceries, and got the storage unit. Pretty average.
What caught my eye were the subtle ways I’m being welcomed. The way the rain disappeared to show me how beautiful the weather can be. The flowers are in perfect form to be admired. The birds are even singing me soft melodies asking me to stay and be happy here.
All the houses here hold normal people, living normal lives. But it’s easy to forget. It’s easy to assume (yes, I know what happens when you assume) that there are no Wii’s, no Facebook junkies, no flat screen tvs playing nothing but MTV. To put it frankly, this town is just plain quaint. I find myself yearning to take my book and go sit in the huge backyard overlooking a forest and get lost in it.
I want to go soak up some vitamin D on a blanket with my ipod playing me soft lullaby’s. It’s enough to change a person, even if it’s only for a day or two.
So thank you, Eden. I feel very welcomed. I may not be able to find my way around very well, but I’ll give it time. All things can happen in time.
Hope you’re feeling as welcome, wherever you are, as I am.
Sincerely, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment