Sunday, July 25, 2010

Laughter: the cure to end all cures

Dear you, 
Today I learned a lesson that you seem to have to learn over and over again. I started to re-realize this as my sister and I were doubled over crying because we were laughing so hard. Laughter does amazing things. It’s easier to see this when my sister and I make each other laugh so hard. I suppose it’s not so easy when you’re in a tough spot. I just hope I can take with me that piece of pure happiness, because I know that times will not always be this simple.
I wish there was a way to bottle happiness. To capture the nirvana-like feeling that you get when you can’t breath and tears start to well up in your eyes. I love that feeling. It reminds me that I shouldn’t take everything so seriously. Which, of course, is so easy to say now. I shouldn’t take everything so seriously. I shouldn’t. I know that. But when my car is making a funky noise, my cell phone bill is due, and there’s that little thing called tuition keep nagging at me it seems to slip my mind.
In other news, I’d like to thank the fact that this website exists. As you might be able to tell I love writing with a passion. One of my goals on my bucket list is to get published. Fiction is kind of my thing. Hey, if I can’t be a gifted athlete you gotta give me something.
While I say I love writing, I do not love the part where you sit in front of the screen looking at 75 pages of your book that you love like a child and don’t know what to write. Yes people, I’m referring towriter’s block. Dun, dun, dunnnnnn. Yeah, scary. I know. It just kills me. In effect, I don’t write much anymore.
Since I’ve started this blog a mere week (ish) ago I have just delighted in being able to write everyday. I find myself thinking of things to say and how to word certain things.
I don’t expect many people to be reading this, but that’s ok. I’m perfectly happy to assume (yeah yeah yeah, I already said I know what happens when I assume) that I have hundreds, no-THOUSANDS!, of people that are just chomping at the bit to get to their computers to read my blog. A little ambitious maybe…but that’s just me. All in all I just want to say “Thank you Tumblr! Your existence makes me happy”.
Until we speak again.
Sincerely, me

No comments:

Post a Comment