Sunday, July 25, 2010

Moving: not for woosies

Dear you, 
Well, I’m finally here. Yes, I made it to Eden. I am overwhelmed once again by it’s sheer beauty. The hills, the houses, the lawns (seriously, they’re to die for). It’s all fantastic.
Driving through the mountains in West Virginia makes me realize why I left Bradenton. I mean, don’t get me wrong. The beach is great. That is, until you can feel yourself burning, the sand is encroaching on your towel despite your best efforts, your sweating like a pig, and you forgot your ipod so there’s no music. That’s totally fun.
But I saw all the amazing views. Things you just can’t see in the Sunshine State. I saw mountains, houses older than my parents, valleys, tunnels, tiny hick towns, and tons of other things that I, as analmost native Floridian, have yet to experience.
And while I didn’t see all of that in Eden specifically, that doesn’t mean I won’t ever again. I think this is what I’m trying to prove to myself. That even if I don’t stay in Eden forever, it doesn’t have to be one or the other. I can move to NYC, Philadelphia, DC, or anywhere really.
I think that we get into a mindset when we live somewhere for a long time. “There’s no way I could move. This is where my life is”. Well, I’m hoping to find out for sure but I’m starting to think that your life is wherever you make it. You might not know where the nearest Target is to your new apartment for a while, but that doesn’t mean you can’t move there.
This is the time people! Especially when you’re around my age. I don’t have kids to consider, a house to sell, anything but me, myself, and I to worry about. (Well actually, I have a ton of things to worry about but that’s not the point!) What I’m trying to say here is that no one should think they “can’t” move. That’s just not true. Even when it’s a hard decision to make (believe me, it’s hard) I think it might just turn out for the better in the end.
Talk to you soon.
Sincerely, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment