Sunday, July 25, 2010

Faith: who knew people had it in me?

Dear you, 
Yes, I know I just posted. I was having a rough day. Well I guess it’s still the same day. But I have something different to talk about.
Somehow in the course of my life I built up faith. No, I’m not discussing religion. I mean people having faith in me. It’s kind of a scary thing, if you think about it.
Since I’ve decided to move everyone has told me how much faith they have in me. When did I earn that? True, other than a few isolated instances I have a pretty clean record. And yeah, I got good grades, held a steady job. But really, you’re going to invest faith inme?
I am eighteen years old. I’m living with my mom. I’ve never worked above minimum wage and if my suspicions prove correct that trend will be continued. I am obsessed with Twilight. I still get scared driving someplace new.
My Dad said something to me today. I suppose it’s what prompted this post. He said, “Well whatever you choose, I know it’ll be the right thing”.
My Dad. One of the best people I know. He lost faith in me during one of those “isolated instances”. For him to say that (without realizing it would mean anything to me, most likely) meant just about the world to me.
And while all that is great and it feels awesome to know people see you achieving such great things I can’t help but see the downside (as I do with most things).
How can I live up to the expectations of all these people that have invested faith in me? Now, when people read this I’m sure I’ll get a comment or two telling me how great I’ll do in the big bad world but that’s just it. How???
I guess I’ll find out in a couple months when I’m in the middle of my first semester. We shall see…
Until we talk again.
Sincerely, me

1 comment:

  1. I can say, I have faith in you. Haha. You took the chance of moving to a place where you have no friends, from your past years. I can honestly say, you have more courage than me. I had the chance to move to a place I was not familiar with, yet I had friends there. I did not feel ok leaving my "comfort zone." You however, have taken a big step. Whether you fail or not, you have matured more than you know, or maybe you do know. There is a quote about not getting anywhere in life without taking chances. I feel you are taking a chance, following your dream of being the best baker you can be, not playing the "safe card" and just working in bakery's and seeing where that takes you. So as a friend, and anyone who reads this, we should have nothing but faith in you.

    I don't know if this makes sense, it has been a long day and this is the last thing I am doing before I goto bed, so I feel like I am rambling on, so I will leave it at that.

    Go you!

    -Tyler Brown

    ReplyDelete