Saturday, September 4, 2010

Winnie The Pooh: way cooler than you

Dear you,

My Mom got be a book titled "Positively Pooh; Timeless Wisdom from Pooh". It's just about one of the greatest things I've had the pleasure of holding in my hands.

I was reading through it about a week ago and found an excerpt that I've been wanting to share with you.

"Things are often better than they seem.
Piglet lay there, wondering what had happened [after popping his balloon]. At first he thought the whole world had blown up; then he thought perhaps only the Forest part of it had; and then he thought that perhaps only he had, and he was now alone  in the moon or somewhere, and he would never see Christopher Robin or Pooh or Eeyore again. And then he thought, "Well, even if I'm in the moon, I needn't be face downwards all the time," so he got cautiously up and looked about him. He was still in the Forest!
"Well, that's funny," he thought. "I wander what that bang was. I couldn't make such a noise just falling down. And where's my balloon? And what's that small piece of damp rag doing?"

I had a bumpy night at work tonight and in the end, sitting in bed at home, I realize that as bad as it seemed- I'm okay. There are far worse things that can come to me than a bad night. Everybody has them and if that's the worst I have to deal with this month, I'll consider myself a mighty lucky son of a gun.

I'm going to bed now, in a far better mood than I had four hours ago. I hope you're night brings you peace and happiness.

Goodnight, all.

Sincerely, me

1 comment: