Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Cold Hard Truth: oh yeah, I'm going there

So today is my birthday. There's about one hour and nineteen minutes left. It's been...okay. If this was any other day it would've been pretty darn good. Got pizza at work (for my birthday) and Chef Amanda made this awesome pasta salmon dish for us at school. Great day under normal circumstances. For a birthday it's been ehhhhh.

I was not let down on the "Happy Birthday!" front. I have been bombarded (in a great way) by birthday wishes and lots of "Miss you!"'s too. But I spent the day at work and school, only to come home to an empty apartment. No birthday cards came in the mail (and I know they should have). This isn't a pity me post, I swear, it's just an ehhhh post.

I haven't minded living alone at all. And for the most part, I still don't. But there are always those few moments when you wish there would be someone waiting to give you a hug at the end of the day and cook you whatever dinner you want because "It's Your BIRTHDAY!!!". This year I didn't even tell many people. I told a few people, but mostly they just...found out (I'm still not sure how they knew at work).

I talked to a couple of my favorite people on the phone toinght, which is nice, but it doesn't replace seeing them in person (This is when I kick myself and the makers of Logitech that I don't have a working webcam. Skype would be nice right about now...). I just...I don't know. I'm so glad to be where I am right now. I'm so happy that I live where I live and I'm doing what I'm doing. But sometimes I would give a whole heck of a lot to be back to even just last year.

One year ago today I hung out with a friend or two and had pizza at my Dad's house with my family and Cheryl. I just want to do that again.

But, as the title of my blog states: My life is spreading. There are new people in my life and old ones still. I now have ties to New York as well as Florida. They may not be very strong yet, but they're growing. And they will continue to grow, I have a feeling. Only time will tell.

As this post suggests, this day needs to be put to bed and so do I.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Kayla, as my birthday is creeping closer by the minute, I had the mistake of reading your blog. Not that this post wasn't great like all the rest. I just really miss you and wish that we could've been together for our birthdays. I'll see you soon though and it'll be awesome. (Don't think I won't be crying when I have to leave though) Anyways...I miss you a lot and hope to hear from you tomorrow sometime.

    ReplyDelete