Thursday, October 7, 2010

Weather: way more important than I thought

Dear you,

Depending on how well you know me you probably know that I love rainy days. Can't get enough of 'em. Or so I thought. For the past week it's been a constant drizzle and very cold. And by yesterday, my breath would catch in my throat every time I got to glimpse a bit of sun, or even blue sky.

I think with all the things that are in my life now, it is more important than ever to retain a positive outlook. I'm finding that very hard to do when I'm wet and cold. So basically, cold/wet=sad/tired warm (but not too warm)/sunny=happy/motivated. This probably shouldn't be so interesting to me seeing as it's already pretty well known. Why do you always draw a smiley face inside of a sun? Because sun=happy. I guess living in Florida has made me forget or not realize a lot of the obvious. Just like witnessing the season change through a child's new eyes, I am realizing that the sun has more of an effect than I originally thought.

Today, though, things changed. When I left for work this morning there wasn't a menacing cloud in the sky, I could hear birds chirping and it was warmer than it had been days. I was elated. Being in the basement at work was tough, it felt like I was being locked away until the rain returned. What if it became cloudy while I was down there? That just wouldn't do. Thankfully there's a little vent/window thing down there at ground level so I could check that it was, in fact, still sunny. It's so lovely looking through that portal. There are pretty, crisp, green leaves floating around it and heavenly-looking sun rays surrounding it.

My good mood continued after work. I had extra time before school today because math had been cut short so I didn't need to go in until 4:00. I took this opportunity to sit in the sprawling backyard and soak up some Vitamin D and I must say...it was delicious.

Going to school kind of killed my mood for a while. Being in a crampt kitchen with a bunch of other people, some of whom I do not particularly care for just isn't all that fun. And having a teacher who equates mistakes with unpreparedness always, gets me a little cheesed (Oh, how I love that saying). I am so sorry that my first batch of vanilla sauce didn't come out right. Funny, it didn't say in the directions I had to stir constantly but that's okay, it must have been my fault. I should have just known.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyhoo...all in all, a good day. It was kind of sad at night when I left school and it seemed like every other night. Just a little drier. Took some of the magic from the day. But oh well, I certainly enjoyed it and am hoping for more good weather to come now that it's the weekend (for me, at least).

Until next time...

Sincerely, me

No comments:

Post a Comment