Saturday, April 2, 2011

Winter

So I've assessed the situation and I've come to the conclusion I know exactly what winter is:

Winter is that friend. You know the one. You like her. She's nice. She sometimes has interesting things to say and she's great to go hangout with. But every single time you two do something (hangout, have a party, etc.) she shows up early and never leaves on time. If you say you're having a party from noon to four she's there at 11:20 and stays until 5:30.

You like her but at some point you just have to draw the line.

Just thought I'd share my findings.

P.S. Have you thanked Mother Earth lately? I've been thinking about starting a morning meditation ritual as it helps keeping one centered and relaxed. One of the suggestions I saw was to thank Mother Earth every morning for everything she gives. I thought it was a neat way of remembering all the ways your life is being blessed on a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kay!

    Been missing in action lately! You are right, everyone should take time every morning and appreciate the gifts they have. I actually thank God every morning because not only has He given us the earth and everything on it BUT He went out of His way to create such wonderful miracles that YOU, my husband, children and family members are!! "Mother" Earth couldn't do all that!

    I am so glad God made you a miracle in my life! It certainly has been richer since you came to spend the winter with US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm glad you call me a miracle. I don't know what I would have done without you this year. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete