Thursday, May 5, 2011

What am I going to miss? Ha. That's a funny question.

I'm going to miss the rolling hills, the abundant forests, the flowers. I'm going to miss the seasons in all their magical glory. I'm going to miss the old farm houses and looking out of Grandma Brenner's windows at Sunday dinner to watch the horses jump and play in the field. I'm going to miss the simplicity of beauty. I'm going to miss the soft grass (it's not the same in Florida, trust me on this). I'm going to miss all the friends I've made, my school friends and my Eden friends. I'm going to miss the family that has come to mean so much to me. I'm going to miss my little apartment that I have all to myself (which will probably never happen again). I'm going to miss the bakery that I'm interning at (that I could totally work at if I wasn't leaving). I'm going to miss Eat'sa Pizza (To all the people that think Domino's is as good as any other pizza place: you are wrong). I'm going to miss Canada being only a hop, skip, and a jump away. I'm going to miss looking out my windows and seeing nothing but crystal blue and vibrant greens. The sky's so BIG here! I'm going to miss Shadagee Rd. I'm going to miss driving through three towns in ten minutes. I'm going to miss finding people that know you and your whole family at the store, bank, etc. I'm going to miss little shops.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm sad I'm leaving (if you hadn't got that already). But what am I looking forward to?

I'm excited to drive to Florida with Chrissy. I'm excited to see the friends I've had since childhood. I'm excited to see Anna Maria Island. I'm excited to pack my beach bag (I've gotten pretty good at that throughout the years) and driving in my bikini with the windows down. I'm excited to hang out with my sister and brother. I'm excited to eat Atlanta Bread (sigh...and I guess I'm kind of excited to work there again, too). I'm excited to go to UCF. I'm excited to move into my new apartment with my best friend. I'm excited to start a new job. I'm excited to prove to myself that I can do it again-I can relocate and survive. I'm excited to add another city to the "places I've lived" list. I'm excited to explore Orlando. I'm excited to learn about myself what you can only learn by moving somewhere new.
Hey, life is short so I have to live it up! To my NY friends-I will be back. I promise. And we shall have a gay old time. To my FL friends-I'm coming back! So let's have some fun.

I'm only 19 and let me just let everyone know-I have what's known as "wanderlust". That means you shouldn't expect me to stay anywhere for too long, at least not until I'm older and have more grounding responsibilities.

It's silly for me to be sad. What do I have to be sad about? I spent an amazing year learning so much. I met people that have helped shape and guide me. There's not one thing I regret in coming here. And now this chapter of my life is, not over, just on hold. That's life, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment