Saturday, October 1, 2011

What A Year For A New Year

(I'd listen to this song if I were you. I think it adds something. Ignore the video. Click here)

Is it really this time already? It's October. Soon, maybe too soon, I will be turning twenty. TWENTY! I won't be a teenager anymore. I won't have the excuse of youthful innocence anymore. I think I'm okay with it. Because, as we all know, I've never been one to relate to my age group very well. I get to enter a new era of my life, now. My twenties. Oy.

A lot is presumably going to happen now. There's a good chance I'll get married, have kids, maybe buy a house. All that, in the next ten years of my life.

And then there's the fact that it's almost the end of the year. It's October; a couple more months and BAM-2012. How does something so big sneak up on us every year? This means another year of my life will be laid down. I remember the resolution I made last year. I said I want to be proud of myself. I think I am. I've been doing pretty well in Orlando. Haven't starved, or gone completely broke, or locked my keys in my car. I think that's what success means.

I finished my school year at ECC and survived a bakery internship (which included Easter...holy crap). I made the decision to move home. That certainly wasn't easy. I made my first road trip sans Mom and didn't die. I got a new job and actually felt like I fit in from the beginning which has never happened to me before.

But let's not forget the most important thing of all. I'm going to be an aunt in a couple months. Our family is growing and I am so elated to think that I will have a new little one to love as if he were my own (but don't worry Rachel, I won't steal him). I relish in the thought of watching my nephew grow and play and laugh.

So there you have it. My year in a nutshell. Every year has seemed harder than the last. Then again, every year has seemed more rewarding than the last, as well. So here's to change! Here's to life and adventure and youth! Live to live, not to meet any kind of a quota. The world will be beautiful only if you make it.

P.S. If anyone has their year in a nutshell and wants to share, feel free. I'd love to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment