Monday, August 29, 2011

Carry on, young friends

So, as it always seems to happen, my life got busy and my blog got pushed to the side. I've lived in Orlando for a little over a week and it seems like a lifetime. Seriously. It feels like I haven't been home in months. I'm not homesick necessarily, it just feels weird. Never the less, I am settled in and it is time to start chronicling my life again.

School has started. Yikes. It's hard. Not hard. Rather, time consuming. I spend a lot more time studying than I have ever had to do (except college Macro Economics but I shudder just thinking about it, so let's not). I'm at a big girl school so I suppose it comes with the territory. It also probably didn't help anything that I spent the last year virtually homework free. I think I went soft.

All in all, I'm doing well. I've started my job and am loving it so far. I have not met one person I didn't like and it seems to be a small, tight-knit group which I revel in. I enjoy working in the Transfer and Transition Services Office because we are a sort of underdog that never gets credit. We serve a huge amount of UCF's 50,000 students and we do things no other office will do. I see everyone's eyes glimmer when they talk about so-and-so thinking about expanding our budget and whats-his-face finally taking notice of them. It's a very cool thing, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

My apartment is starting to really be home. It's cute, it's decorated, and it's clean. What more could I ask? I love my new roomie and have met her friends which are cool as well. Pretty much, I'm settling into this new college life and it's going pretty well so far. I'm working hard, but finding a little time for fun too. I'll keep you updated.

Goodnight, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment